Monday 14 September 2009

Critical Week: Off the grid

There won't be a proper blog this week, as I took drastic action and went to Portugal last week, spending six whole days without email or phones. I also didn't see a single movie. The photo (snapped with my phone) shows the view from the front of the house on the island of Culatra, across from Faro. I need to do this more often!

This week's screenings include the animated feature 9, the British indie Unmade Beds, the action romp Gamer, the rock poster doc Died Young Stayed Pretty, and the Oscar-winning Japanese film Departures. It's a relatively easy re-entry to screenings before the following week, during which I already have eight films in the diary. And then press shows for the London Film Festival start. No sleep until November...

No comments: