Monday 2 February 2009

Critical Week: Stars in my eyes

This is rather a massive week for me, film wise, as on Wednesday night the London Critics' Circle has its annual film awards dinner. I'm on the organising committee for the event, so it will be great to be there and see all our work finally come to fruition. A lot of nominees will be present, so it'll also be fun to have a social evening with actors and filmmakers we write about all year round.

Then the next day I head off to Berlin for the 59th Berlinale - I'm a member of the jury for the Fipresci Panorama prize. I'm still not sure how many films I have to see, but I know there are a lot I want to see outside the Panorama - so we'll see how it goes. Most of the films are world premieres, so much of Hollywood will be on the scene. And I hope I get invited to some of the parties at least. I'm there for the entire run of the festival, and plan to update this blog daily, so watch this space.

Meanwhile, I have a few screenings before I leave London, including Drew Barrymore's He's Just Not That Into You, which hasn't yet been screened for the press, which may or may not mean something; Jennifer Aniston's doggy drama Marley & Me; and Clive Owen's The International, which also happens to be the opening film in Berlin.

No comments: